- Started demonstration experiments for SMA×Eco HOUSE, a model house fitted with residential use lithium ion storage batteries, the first of its kind in Japan.
- Received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation (association category) and the Director-General’s Prize, the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (CGO and corporation or other field) for FY2009.
- AQ Asset service, which provided improvements to house property value and lifestyle services began operations.
- Japan's first Green Heat Certificate for heat produced through renewable energies and the tradable environmental value of the reduction effects of their CO2 emissions was issued to D'Grafort Lake Town for Green Heat.
- The Mentally committing robot® PARO® manufactured by Intelligent System Co., Ltd. went on sale.
- The POWER YIILE (2.0kWh) portable lithium-ion battery by ELIIY Power Co., Ltd. went on sale.
- The Sakura Project to donate and plant cherry trees at schools and other places was started.
- The xevo YU, an environmentally friendly two-generation family house, received an Excellence Award and a Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun Award at the Nikkei Excellent Products and Services Awards 2010.
- Was selected for the 100 most sustainable companies in the world, a first for the Japanese construction sector. We stayed on the list for four straight years until 2014, and was the top Japanese company in 2013 and 2014.
- After the Great East Japan Earthquake occurred, we erected emergency temporary housing unit.
- The xevo K-Kizuna and xevo KII-Kizuna, single-family houses for earthquake reconstruction support, were launched.
- Operations began on moogle, an industry-first, inspection robot for narrow spaces.
- The industrialization of housing for China being jointly developed by Daiwa House Industry and Baoye Group acquired a Construction industry science and technology assessment report.
- D’s SMART OFFICE, an eco-friendly office product was offered for sale.
- Purchased 885 Woodside, rental housing in California, the United States and began a real estate business.
- The Pipe House and Midget House were registered as the early years of prefabricated housing in the Essential Historical Materials for Science and Technology of the National Museum of Nature and Science.
- Smart House, SMAxEco ORIGINAL, was offered for sale.
- Vision 2020 medium-to-long term environmental vision, which takes on zero environmental load, was developed.
- Participated in the development of the Long Duc Industrial Park in Dong Nai Province, Vietnam.
- Operations began at the Taiwan Branch.The commercial construction business was rolled out.
- The agri-cube, a vegetable-grower unit, went on the market in the first stage of products for the industrialization of agriculture.
- Toden Life Support Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa House Life Support Co., Ltd.) became a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Daiwa Homes Online Co., Ltd. was established.
- Commenced work on the first stage of our mega solar business, DREAM Solar Kita-kyushu HIbikinada, at Hibiki International Logistics Center , Fukuoka Prefecture. Began selling power in February 2013 with a total output of 2MW.
- D-room Plaza Hall, a rental housing hands-on experience hall, opened in Daiwa House Industry Central Research Laboratory.
- Participated in the planning of the Daiwa Manunggal Industrial Park,under development in Bekasi,Indonesia.
- Commenced work on Moonlit Garden, a combined condominium and town house development business in Wuxi City, China. Work was completed in September 2015.
- Fujita Corporation became a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation (Successful Case of Energy Conservation Category) and the Minister’s Prize, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (CGO and corporation or other field) for FY2012.
- SMA×ECO TOWN Harumidai, Osaka, Japan's first net zero energy town, went on sale.
- The xevo GranWood, a new wooden single-family house product and the first home in 10 years to employ a completely new construction method, was launched.
- A dual head office structure for Osaka Head Office and Tokyo Head Office was introduced.
- The renovation business was spun-off and Daiwa House Renew Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa House Reform Co., Ltd.) succeeded the business.
- A scheme for mandatory retirement at 65 was introduced.
- DPL (D-project Logistics), a new brand of logistics facilities came into being.
- Commenced work on The Grace Residence, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business in Changzhou, China.
- Daiyoshi Trust Co., Ltd.(current Daiwa House Parking Co.,Ltd.) became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Mighty Urban Tree, a greening project at Osaka Marubiru, was started.
- Cosmos Initia Co., Ltd. became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Daiwa House (Jiangsu) Property Management (current Daiwa Baoye (Wuxi) Property Management), which carried out condominium management business in China, was established.
- SMA×ECO City―Sagamihara Hikarigaoka Eco Town in Kanagawa Prefecture,our first integrated housing and commercial smart community, went on sale.
- Consecutive full-scale earthquake simulation testing of the xevo Σ was conducted at E-Defense.
- Selected for the Dow Jones Sustainability Asian Pacific Index, a benchmark for globally and socially responsible investing from 2013 to 2017, consecutively.
- Established Baoye Daiwa Industrialized House Manufacturing company limited, a joint venture between China and the Baoye Group. Began local production of low-rise industrialized housing parts and materials.
- D-room Plaza Hall Yume, a rental housing hands-on experience hall, was opened in the Tochigi-Ninomiya Factory.
- RYU:X TOWER The WEST, the largest condominium in Okinawa Prefecture, was completed. Work was completed on The EAST in May 2015.
- The Group's SMA×ECO PROJECT received the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Award, in the Eco-Products Category at the 10th Eco-Products Awards.
- Received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation (Successful Case of Energy Conservation Category) and the Minister’s Prize, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (CGO and corporation or other field) for FY2013.
- The xevo Σ, our top-of-the-line single-family home product, was launched.
- Daiwa House's EXPERIENCE HOUSE, an experience facility especially for single-family houses, was opened within the Nara Factory.
- The Nara Factory was transformed into D’s SMART FACTORY, and reopened as a showroom.
- DPL Yokohama-Daikoku, Kanagawa Prefecture, our largest logistics facility that has adopted features such as a quake-absorbing structure and emergency generators, was completed.
- Built and donated the Daiwa Ubiquitous Computing Research Building, a base for education and research in the field of ubiquitous computing in the University of Tokyo Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies.
- TRY-IE-Lab, a single-family house hands-on experience facility, was opened on the premises of the Tokyo Head Office.
- Began the Berkeley Project, a rental housing business carried out jointly with the Lincoln Property Company in Texas, United States.
- TOMO Co.,Ltd. (current Daiwa House Parking Co.,Ltd.) became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Commenced work on D-Project rental factories in Vietnam, the first overseas DPL. Work was completed on April 30, 2015.
- Moogle, our inspection robot for narrow spaces, received a Prize for Excellence in the Service-robot Category at the 6th Robot Awards. It was the first time an award went to the housing industry.
- Selected for the Climate Performance Leadership Index. (CPLI)
- Daiwa House Industry and Ritsumeikan University jointly developed the OIL BACT method, which as a first in Japan combined activated charcoal and bacteria (oil degrading micro-organisms) as a method for treating mineral-oil contaminated soil of former gas stations and factory sites.
- Began the Waters Edge Project, a rental housing business carried out jointly with the Lincoln Property Company in Texas, United States.
- Participated as strategic partner of the TOMODACHI Initiative, a Japan-U.S. exchange program to foster leaders of the next generation.
- COMUOON®, a device for communication support with the hearing impaired, which was developed and manufactured by UNIVERSAL SOUND DESIGN Inc. went on sale.
- Entered the hydroelectric power business for the first time in Gifu Prefecture. Commenced work on DTS Hida Hydroelectric power plant in April 2015.
- Bangkok Office was established in Thailand.
- Received the Prize of the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (co-organized by venture firms and large corporations) at the 1st Japan Venture Awards in appreciation of our creation of a new business through ties with CYBERDYNE Inc.
- The xevo Σ, single-family house products, received the highest award and a Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun Award at the Nikkei Excellent Products and Services Awards 2014.
- Daiwa House Group Environmental Report 2014 received the Grand Prize for Reporting on Measures against Global Warming (Minister for the Environment Prize) in the environmental report category at the 18th Environment Communication Awards.
- SMA×ECO TOWN Hidamari-no-oka in Mie Prefecture went on sale. The first of its kind in Japan, the town uses profits from selling electricity generated by a solar power generation facility in the town for the maintenance of single-family houses and other purposes.
- Selected for the Nadeshiko Brand (FY2015 to 2018) as a listed company with excellence in promoting professional development support for female employees.
- Introduced the Active Aging Program, a lifetime active Program, where employees can continue working after the age of 65.
- Commenced work on DREAM Solar Float No.1 @Kohnoyama in Osaka Prefecture, a floating solar power plant. Began selling power in August 2015.
- Established Corporate Governance Guidelines.
- Began the Sakura Residence Project, prefabricated housing business in the Iskandar region, Johor, Malaysia.
- Began the Chicago North Clark Project, the first overseas high-rise rental housing business in Illinois, United States.
- Manila Office was established in the Philippines.
- SECUREA, our new brand of lot-subdivision housing developments, came into being.
- TRY-IE-Chubu, a single-family house hands-on experience facility, opened within the Mie Factory.
- Commenced work on the Flour Mill of Summer Hill Project, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business carried out jointly with EG Funds Management Pty Ltd and two other companies in New South Wales, Australia.
- Started the regeneration of the suburban single-family home complex business in Miki City, Hyogo Prefecture.
- Participated in the planning of the Midtown Project, a real estate development project in Vietnam.
- Began the joint development of laundroid, a fully automatic laundry folding robot with seven dreamers laboratories inc.,Panasonic Corporation and Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.
- Commenced work on the first-stage of Vinata Towers Project (tentative name), serviced apartment business in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- In a housing industry first, we were ranked number one in the construction industry on the 19th Environmental Management Survey sponsored by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
- Commenced work on the Cooper Street Project, a rental housing business in the suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- Indian Office was established.
- Selected as a Nadeshiko Brand company and as a New Diversity Management Selection 100 enterprise in FY2015. We were the first company in the housing and construction industry to receive both awards.
- Received the Award for Excellence in the Environment and Human Resource Development Enterprise Award 2015.
- After the Kumamoto Earthquake occurred, Diwa House Group erected a total of 1,016 emergency temporary housing units.
- The xevo ΣK and xevo BK, single-family houses for the Kumamoto Earthquake reconstruction support, were launched.
- Selected as a Competitive IT Strategy Company. (2016 to 2018)
- Séjour New Lupina, a rental housing model specially designed to minimize damage and/or inconvenience in the event of natural disasters, was launched. It comes with residential lithium-ion storage batteries installed as standard in all units, a first in the Japanese rental housing industry.
- Began the Drummoyne project (tentative name), a combined development business of condominiums and commercial facilities in a suburban area of Sydney, Australia.
- Became an official partner of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Yangon Office was established in Myanmar.
- Became the first company in the housing and construction industry to receive a prize at the 5th DC Excellent Company Awards.
- Issued our first integrated report, the Daiwa House Group Integrated Report 2016.
- Applied a trans-housing support organization's fixed rent guarantee for housing that meets the requirements for a housing removal support system to all newly built single-family houses, a first for the industry.
- Rolled out family-friendly hotels focusing on popular tourist areas and metropolitan centers. Opened La'gent Hotel Tokyo Bay in Chiba Prefecture and La'gent Hotel Osaka Bay in Osaka Prefecture.
- For Nature, our single-family house environmental brand, came into being.
- Stanley Martin Holdings, LLC, which carried out single-family housing business in the United States, became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Selected as a 2017 Health and Productivity Management Brand.
- Selected as an Excellent Enterprise of Health and Productivity.(2017・2018)
- Began Premium Friday.
- Received the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Award of the 26th Global Environment Awards sponsored by the Fuji Sankei Group.
- Entered into a sponsorship contract with Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
- Began the Water Front City Project (tentative name), a long-stay hotel and hotel development project in Hải Phòng, Vietnam.
- Started PREMIUM GranWood, our highest grade custom-built wooden residences project.
- Daiwa House Nagoya Building, a new base of the Daiwa House Group, was completed in the Sasashima Live 24 area.
- Commenced work on D Tower Nishi-Shinjuku, the first stage in the D Tower large office project.
- Participated in the SAKURA GARDEN CITY combined condominium and commercial facility urban development project in Indonesia (southeastern part of Jakarta).
- Commenced work on the Esterra Park Project rental housing development project in the suburbs of Seattle, Washington, United States.
- Started the Daiwa Connect project, a connected home brand utilizing Google Home.
- Stopped all operation of model houses and lot subdivisions over the first three days of the New Year toward promoting work style reform.
- Livness, our existing home business brand, came into being.
- Selected as number one in the Real Estate category of the Newsweek’s Green Ranking 2017 that evaluate eco-friendly efforts.
- The 2017 Sustainability Report received the Minister of the Environment Award, an environmental report award, at the 21st Environmental Communication Awards.
- Started demonstration experiments for Daiwa House Saga Building, the first electric power self-sufficient office with renewable energy in Japan.
- Joined EP100 and RE100 at the same time, the first to do so in the world in the construction and housing industry.
- Introduced HAL ®Lumbar Type for Labor Support robotic suits, manufactured and sold by CYBERDYNE Inc., in all factories.
- The Intelligent Logistics Center PROTO, constructed with a new sharing model utilizing AI, the IoT and robots, came into being in DPL Ichikawa logistics facilities developed by Daiwa House Industry (Ichikawa, Chiba).
- We became the first housing manufacturer to acquire Grade 5 (the highest grade, LH-50 grade) special evaluation method certification from the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism in the Heavy Floor Impact Sound Control Grade in the Housing Quality Assurance Act for our sound insulating floor specification SILENT HYBRID SLAB 50.
- Opened KAWASAKI KING SKYFRONT TOKYU REI HOTEL with the opening of KING SKYFRONT (Area A/primary development) in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan’s cutting-edge biomedical town.
Mentally committing robot® PARO®
inspection robot for narrow spaces, moogle
D's SMART OFFICE, Daiwa House Toyama Building
Long Duc Industrial Park, Vietnam
agri-cube, vegetable-grower unit
D-room Plaza Hall
SMA×ECO TOWN Harumidai
Mighty Urban Tree, a greening project at Osaka Marubiru
Consecutive full-scale earthquake simulation testing of the xevo Σ at E-Defense
Our company's first overseas factory for housing parts and materials (China)
Waters Edge Project, United States
SMA×ECO TOWN Hidamari-no-oka
DREAM Solar Float No.1 @Kohnoyama, a floating solar power plant
Flour Mill of Summer Hill Project, New South Wales, Australia
Vinata Towers Project (tentative name), Vietnam
Cooper Street Project, United States
Emergency temporary housing erected in the Kumamoto Earthquake stricken areas
La'gent Hotel Tokyo Bay
Daiwa House Nagoya Building
Livness, our existing home business brand
Robot Suit HAL®Lumbar Type for Labor Support